Besan (Gatte) ki Sabzi
If you haven't tried this out, you don't know what you're missing.
For 4 Person(s)
- 100 grams besan (gram flour)
- 2 onions, medium-sized, finely chopped
- 3 tomatoes, medium-sized, finely chopped
- 4 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) ginger and garlic paste
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) mustard paste
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) turmeric powder
- 1/4 tablespoon(s) red chili powder
- 1/4 tablespoon(s) coriander powder
- 1 pinch(es) asafetida (heeng)
- 1 tablespoon(s) cumin seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) ajwain seeds
- 1/4 tablespoon(s) garam masala
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt, or as per taste
- 1/2 cup(s) cooking oil
- 2 cup(s) water
Besan (Gatte) ki Sabzi Directions
- Besan, 2 green chilies, Carom, 1/8 tbsp red chili powder and 1 tbsp
oil - mix all well.
- Add water into besan to make dough.
- Make a 1 cm diameter round and 5-6 inches long (like seekh kabab).
- Put it into boiling water and boil for 10 minutes.
- Take out the water and cut the Besan round into small pieces and keep aside. (Besan rounds are also called 'gatte'.)
- Heat oil, add asafetida, cumin seeds, 2 green chilies, stir-fry till well browned.
- Add ginger garlic paste and mustard paste heat for 1 minute.
- Add chopped onion, heat for 3 minutes. Add chopped tomatoes and heat for2 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, Salt, garam masala and 1.5 cup water and boil for 5 minutes.
- Now gravy is ready. Put gatte into gravy and boil for 3 minutes (Heat until gravy is thick).
- Serve hot with steamed rice or plain paratha.