Matar Paneer (Resturant Style)
Wait no more for this very popular recipe that one gets at fancy restaurants!
For 2 Person(s)
- 250 grams paneer (tofu) cut in 1" cube and deep fried or pan fried
- 1 cup(s) frozen or fresh peas
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon(s) chopped garlic
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large badi elaichi (black cardamom)
- 2 piece(s) clove (laung)
- 1/4 cup(s) well-beaten yogurt (dahi)
- 1 teaspoon(s) coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) garam masala powder
- 3 tablespoon(s) cooking oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt, or as desired
Matar Paneer (Resturant Style) Directions
- In a blender, grind onion, ginger, garlic, cloves, badi elaichi, and tomatoes to a smooth puree.
- Heat oil in a pot and add onion tomato puree. Cook till thick and dry. Reduce flame and cook till oil separates.
- Add well beaten yogurt or whipping cream. Mix and cook till oil separates again on low flame. Add red chili and coriander powder. Mix and add peas and cook for one minute.
- Add enough water to get a thick gravy.
- Cover and cook till peas are done, which will be 4-5 mins.
- Add paneer, salt and garam masala. Cook on low flame for 3-4 minutes till paneer gets soft and oil separates. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro. Serve with puri or paratha.
- Note: Same gravy can be used for Koftas.