Courtesy NDTV-Good Times
Waiting time 5m
For 2 Person(s)
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 125g each, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 tablespoon(s) cooking oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 inch fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 0.5 teaspoon(s) ground coriander
- 0.5 teaspoon(s) turmeric powder
- 0.5 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 0.5 teaspoon(s) salt
- 0.25 cup(s) mango chutney
- 0.25 cup(s) tomato sauce or ketchup
- 6 fresh mint leaves, washed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) lemon juice
Chicken Chasni Directions
- Heat the oil in a sauce pan over a medium heat.
- Add the onions, garlic and ginger and fry, stirring frequently, for 5-7 minutes until they are light brown.
- Tip in the coriander, turmeric and chili powder and stir around for one minute.
- Stir in the chicken pieces and continue frying, stirring for 5 minutes until the chicken changes color.
- Add the mango chutney and tomato sauce and cook for 2 minutes.
- Tip in 200 ml of just boiled water and simmer for a further 3-5 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
- Stir in the mint leaves and lemon juice and serve.