Ricotta Cheese Ras Malai
Easy to make, heavenly for your taste buds.
For 4 Person(s)
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 0.25 cup sugar
- 1 pinch cardamom powder
- 1.5 cup whole milk
- 1.5 cup skim milk
- 14 oz. condensed milk
- 1 tsp. corn starch
- 1 pinch saffron
- 0.5 tsp. cardamom powder
- 1 pinch nutmeg powder
- 2 tablespoon chopped almonds and pistachios for garnishing
Ricotta Cheese Ras Malai Directions
- For Dumplings: Mix everything till well blended; spoon a couple teaspoon in a non-stick muffin pan.
- Bake at 350F for about 35-40 minutes till the cheese sets and the sides turn slight brown. Check with toothpick.
- Makes about 12 'dumplings'.
- For Malai: On low heat boil together all 3 milk, corn starch for about 30 min.
- Stir continuously and make sure the milk doesn't burn. (To avoid burning milk, smear 1 tsp oil all over the bottom suface of the pot you going to make malai in.)
- Check for sweetness. Add sugar if it is less sweet.
- Add the saffron cardamom & nutmeg. Let it cool.
- Arrange all the cheese dumplings in a big serving dish and pour the malai on top. Garnish with chopped nuts.
- Serve at room temp or chilled.