Great way to cook cauliflower.
For 4 Person(s)
- 2 tablespoon(s) ghee or vegetable oil
- 2 large tomatoes, cut in four pieces
- 2 medium bay leaves
- 1.5 teaspoon(s) garam masala
- 1.5 teaspoon(s) turmeric
- teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) dried coconut
- 1 large cauliflower (about 900 gram)
- 0.67 cup(s) water
- 0.5 cup(s) chopped cilantro, to garnish
- 1 Whole lemon, sliced in several pieces
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt, or as desired
Gobhi Musallam Directions
- Heat the ghee or vegetable oil in a deep saucepan and sauté tomatoes until their juices run.
- Add bay leaves, garam masala, turmeric, cayenne pepper, salt and coconut and stir thoroughly for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove leaves and stem from cauliflower, turn it floret-side down, and place over cooking mixture.
- Pour water, cover pan, and simmer about 30 minutes. From time to time, remove cover and baste cauliflower with cooking mixture.
- When cauliflower is tender, remove from heat and transfer the whole cauliflower together with the remaining liquid onto a serving dish.
- Garnish with coriander and lemon and serve hot.