A great snack loved by both young and old. Goes great with sauce, chutney, or even Indian pickles.
For 2 Person(s)
- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour (maida)
- 1 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 0.5 teaspoon(s) salt, or as desired
- 0.25 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon(s) ajwain
- 1 teaspoon(s) mangraila (onion seeds)
- 0.33 cup(s) water
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, oil, salt, baking powder, cumin seeds, mangraila, and water starting with ¼ cup to make a stiff dough. Add more water, if too dry.
- Knead dough a few times and divide into 2" balls. Roll balls into 1/16-inch thick circles then cut circles into strips (2 to 3") long and 3/8" (1 cm) wide.
- Deep fry strips in two or three batches in 350° oil until golden brown.