Great variation of rice.
For 3 Person(s)
- 1.5 cup(s) long-grain rice, basmati preferred
- 4 tablespoon(s) clarified butter
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 3 Cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon(s) finely chopped ginger
- 4 piece(s) cloves
- 0.13 teaspoon(s) crushed black pepper
- 1.5 teaspoon(s) salt, or as desired
- 3 cup(s) tomato juice
- 3 tablespoon(s) fresh cilantro, chopped
Tomato Rice Directions
- Fry onions until brown in the butter. Remove half of the onion for use as a garnish.
- Add garlic, ginger, cloves, and black pepper to remaining onion in skillet. Fry for 2 minutes.
- Add rice and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Combine tomato juice and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Add rice, stir well and cover tightly. Steam until done over low heat.
- Serve garnished with browned onion and chopped fresh coriander leaves.