For those who enjoy rich eating!
For 3 Person(s)
- 1 cup yogurt
- 0.5 tsp. turmeric powder
- 0.75 tsp. ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tsp. biryani masala
- 0.5 tsp. salt, or as desired
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 20 pieces paneer (cheese), or medium-soft tofu
- 0.5 large bell pepper (capsicum), cubed
- 0.5 large onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. fresh mint leaves (pudina patta)
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil/ghee
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 large bay leaf (tej patta)
- 1 piece cinnamon stick
- 10 pieces black peppers
- 3 pieces cardamom
- 4 pieces cloves
- 1 tsp. aniseed (saunf)
- 1 cup basmati rice, pre-soaked 30 minutes
- 1 cup water
- 0.5 cup fresh cilantro (coriander leaves), chopped
- 1 tbsp. mint leaves (pudina patta)
- 3 tbsp. saffron milk
- 1 tsp. salt, or as desired
Paneer Biryani Directions
- Paneer Marination
- In a large mixing bowl, take one cup of thick curd.
- Add turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste, biryani masala, salt to taste and chilli powder.
- Mix the spices with curd with the help of whisk.
- In addition, add cubed panner to the spiced curd.
- Add in cubed capsicum, onions and mint leaves.
- Mix gently. Do not break paneer.
- Keep aside 1 hour to marinate.
- Frying Onions
- Heat pressure cooker and add 3 tbsp of oil / ghee. Along with it, add sliced onions.
- Fry the onions till they turn golden brown.
- Once the onions turn golden brown, drain on absorbent paper so that excess oil is absorbed.
- Layering Paneer Biryani
- Finally, add spices like bay leaf, cinnamon stick, black pepper, cardamom, cloves and star anise. Fry till they turn fragrant.
- Add the prepared marinated panner to the cooker and even them out.
- Add basmati rice (soaked for 30 minutes) and spread evenly over marinated paneer.
- With a wide spoon, create some gaps between rice and marinated paneer.
- Add 1 cup of water. Level out rice and make sure rice grains are immersed into water.
- Spread chopped coriander leaves and mint over it.
- Spread some fried onions over it.
- Add a pinch of biryani masala over it.
- Add saffron milk pouring uniformly. (soak pinch of saffron strands in 3 tbsp of warm milk)
- Sprinkle some salt to taste.
- Cover the cooker along with whistle / vent. cook for 20 minutes on low flame.
- Finally, once the pressure settles down, then open the lid and serve the paneer biryani along with bhindi ka salan.