A change from usual Indian way of cooking rice. (Note: This recipe is in both vegetarian and non-vegetarian section because it uses chicken broth. You can substitute this with vegetable broth or water to keep it vegetarian.)
For 4 Person(s)
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil (can use up to 1/4 cup)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 cup(s) medium or long-grained white rice
- 3 cup(s) chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon(s) tomato paste, or 1 cup of diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 pinch of oregano
Spanish Rice Directions
- In a large skillet, brown rice in olive oil on medium/high heat.
- Add onion and garlic. Cook onion rice mixture, stirring frequently, about 4 minutes, or until onions are softened.
- In a separate sauce pan bring chicken stock to a simmer.
- Add tomato sauce, oregano, and salt.
- Add rice to broth. Bring to a simmer. Cover. Lower heat and cook 15-25 minutes.
- Turn off heat and let sit for 5 minutes.