Great evening snack. Goes well with drinks as well.
For 4 Person(s)
- 5 potatoes
- 1 onion, big
- 6 green chilies, or as per taste
- 1 tablespoon(s) crushed ginger
- 0.5 cup(s) fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon(s) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) turmeric powder
- 1 cup(s) mustard, or other cooking oil, for deep frying
- 250 grams besan (gram flour)
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt, or as per taste
Batata Vada Directions
- Boil and mash boiled potatoes. Mix finely crushed onion, ginger, green chili (cut into small pieces), turmeric powder, lemon juice, salt and coriander leaf with the mashed potato.
- Make round balls of the mixture prepared above.
- Make a thick paste of besan with water.
- Now dip potato balls in the besan paste and finely wrap it with thick layer of besan.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry potato balls till the besan paste becomes hard.
- Serve it hot with cilantro chutney or tomato sauce.