Kabab Kele Ka (Banana Kabobs)
Kabab for vegetarians.
For 2 Person(s)
- 4 Whole green bananas (plantains)
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 pinch(es) grated, fresh ginger root
- 2 Whole green chilies, crushed
- 1 tablespoon(s) cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) amchur (mango powder)
- 3 tablespoon(s) flour (to bind)
- 1 cup(s) breadcrumbs, to coat
- 1 cup(s) vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt, or as desired
Kabab Kele Ka (Banana Kabobs) Directions
- Boil the bananas (plantains) and potatoes in water, peel and mash them.
- Add the onion, ginger, chilies, cilantro, salt and mango powder and mix thoroughly. Stir in flour as needed and make into a pliable dough.
- Pluck 12 small balls from the dough and mould them by hand into thick, round flattened balls.
- Place the breadcrumbs in a shallow dish and keep it handy.
- Heat a griddle and brush with 1 tablespoon ghee or vegetable oil. Roll each balls in the breadcrumbs and shallow-fry over moderate heat. Cook 4 at a time. Turn them over from time to time until nice and brown on both sides; add more oil or ghee as necessary.
- Serve hot straight from the griddle with ketchup or chili sauce of your choice.