Makuni (Stuffed Sattu Paratha)
This is a treat for any paratha lover. Add a little pickle (mango, lemon, or chili) on the side and it's pure delight!
For 2 Person(s)
- 1 cup(s) sattu
- 2 Whole green chilies, finely chopped
- 4 Cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger, finely chopped
- 0.5 cup(s) fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 0.5 teaspoon(s) mangrella (onion seeds)
- 1 teaspoon(s) ajwain
- 2 teaspoon(s) lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon(s) mustard or olive oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) mircha achar masala (fillings from red chili pickle)
Makuni (Stuffed Sattu Paratha) Directions
- Mix all the filling ingredients with sattu together nicely.
- Add ¼ to ½ cup water to make the stuffing moist and easy to fill.
- Make dough with 1½ cup of wheat flour. The dough should be soft but not too soft. Keep covered for 15 minutes.
- Take a small amount of dough like the amount you take to make roti. Dust with dry atta and make a small disc with hand, then take about 2 tsp of the stuffing and put in the middle of the dough disc. Press the sattu stuffing a little with finger and close the dough from all side so the stuffing does not comes out of the dough. Now press this lightly with palm, dust with dry flour and with the help of belan make round paratha.
- Heat a tawa and cook the paratha first on both the sides, then add ghee or oil and cook until crispy on both the sides.