Snack for all occasion.
For 2 Person(s)
- 1 medium-sized potato
- 0.25 teaspoon(s) ajwain (optional)
- 0.5 teaspoon(s) red chili powder
- 0.25 teaspoon(s) turmeric powder
- 0.5 cup(s) besan (gram flour)
- 0.25 cup(s) water
- 2 cup(s) cooking oil for deep frying
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt, or to taste
Potato Pakoras Directions
- Peel and slice the potato. The slices should be very thin.
- Wash the sliced potato in water.
- Now add the gram flour, carom seeds, red chili powder, salt, turmeric powder, and water to the sliced potato. Mix it well. The batter should be smooth (add more water or gram flour respectively if the batter is very thick or very thin). Adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Heat oil in a Karahi (pan). When the oil is sufficiently hot, drop slices of potato into the oil. Turn it over so that both sides are properly cooked. When it turns golden brown, it is done.
- Take it out from the oil with a help of a slotted spoon and keep it on a paper towel so that excess oil is absorbed.
- Serve hot with chili sauce or tomato ketchup.