An unique variation from regular rice.
For 4 Person(s)
- 2 cup(s) cooked rice
- 2 medium unripened mangoes
- 1 teaspoon(s) urad dal
- 1 teaspoon(s) chana dal
- 1 teaspoon(s) mustard seeds
- 10 piece(s) cashews, broken
- 1 tablespoon(s) curry leaves
- 0.25 teaspoon(s) turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoon(s) ghee (use vegetable oil when ghee not available)
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt, or as desired
Mango Rice Directions
- In a pan put ghee and heat it up. Add mustard seeds chana dal, urad dal, cashews and curry leaves in it and stir it for few minutes.
- Add grated mango and turmeric. Toss this mixture for a few seconds.
- Add cooked rice, and salt to taste. Mix it well.
- Serve hot with lemon pickle.